Guide to Cross-Selling and Upselling
To help you get the most from your training materials, youll receive a copy of the Leaders Guide. It will show you how to introduce the materials to your staff in a positive and motivating way. How to reinforce important points in the booklet. Plus techniques to keep the message fresh long after the booklets have been distributed.
Best of all, you dont have to be a professional trainer to use the program because the Leaders Guide includes discussion topics, activities, trainers tips, and more.
Read the sample below to see how much useful information is packed into a brief section of this guide.
Tips for a successful role play
Role-playing can be a powerful way to learn new skills. However, many people are uncomfortable role-playing in front of a large group. Instead, consider having reps work together in teams of two while managers or supervisors circulate among the teams coaching them to success. Having pairs of reps sit back-to-back will further eliminate any hesitancy. The following five steps are central to any role-play situation:
1. Describe your goals for the role play, i.e., to help reps learn to identify buying signals and cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
2. Assign roles. Typically one person will be the customer and one person will be the customer service rep.
3. Begin the role play. Hand out sheets with the customer portion of the dialog from your Leaders Guide.
4. Debrief. At the end of each role-play, the observer facilitates the debrief, asking the reps and the customers what went well, and what could change the next time. Ask the customer for one specific suggestion for improvement.
5. Switch roles. Next, have reps and customers switch roles and tackle the next sales situation.