Listening to the Voice
of the Customer
x 11", softcover,
If you survey your customers, chances are good that youll identify a number of areas for improvement. These improvements will translate into increased customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
In Listening to the Voice of the Customer, author Jon Anton guides the reader through 16 detailed chapters, which provide step-by-step guidelines for designing a customer satisfaction measurement program, conducting the survey, and analyzing and reporting the results. Its a comprehensive approach, thats sure to help you improve customer satisfaction.
And, because this is a real working manual, youll find very specific tips, advice, and examples based on the authors work developing and implementing customer satisfaction measurement programs.
- How to develop a customer satisfaction measurement program that provides the information you need to increase customer retention and profits.
- How to select the best survey method. Includes the pros, cons, and costs of telephone, mail, in-person, and computer-assisted surveys.
- How to select the right sample size for your survey, and avoid biases for truly significant results.
- How to increase your survey response rates. Including survey methods, timing, incentives, and more.
- How to get acurate results with large and small customer bases.
- How to write survey questions that will get you meaningful results. Including examples of survey scales and formats that you can adapt to your own work.
- How to design a survey questionnaire that is easy to read and use. Including guidelines on questionnaire length, placement of specific types of questions, and writing an effective cover letter or script.
- How to implement your survey. Including data gathering, coding and data entry techniques.
- How to analyze your survey results and accurately compare data gathered over time.
- How to produce actionable reports based on your findings.
Whether youre new to customer satisfaction measurement or have a program in place, youll find Listening to the Voice of the Customer an invaluable resource.
Table of Contents
- Focusing on customer satisfaction in the new economy
- Making the case for a customer satisfaction surveying program: linking surveys to the bottom line
- The foundation concepts of customer satisfaction surveying
- Gathering the tools: hardware, software, and staff
- Clarity of vision: setting measurement goals and objectives
- Attribute scan: understanding the attributes that are key to customer satisfaction
- Sampling decisions and surveying issues: selecting the right sample size and avoiding biases
- Survey method and data collection issues: selecting the best survey method
- How to write a survey: an introduction to the major types of survey scales with question-writing guidelines
- How to design a survey: creating attractive, easy-to-use survey forms
- Implementing a survey: data gathering and entry, training for data collection
- Introduction to analysis: survey error, measures of central tendency, statistical and substantive significance
- Explanation and application of the major types of analysis: univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis techniques
- Reporting the results: producing actionable reports in both written and oral form
- Taking action: strategies for gaining buy-in at all levels
- Continuous improvement: maintaining the momentum of your program
Glossary of terms
Plus 45 charts, graphs, and tables
Your Guarantee of Satisfaction
Listening to the Voice of the Customer is guaranteed. We want you to use this valuable resource, put its ideas to work in your company to increase satisfaction and build loyalty. Then, if you are not 100% satisfied, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund.
About the Authors
Dr. Jon Anton has assisted hundreds of companies in improving their customer service strategies by designing and implementing customer satisfaction measurement and tracking systems. He is with the Department of Consumer Sciences at Purdue University and is the director of benchmark research at the Purdue Center for Customer-Driven Quality.
Dr. Anton was assisted in the preparation of this manual by Dr. Debra Perkins, who specializes in the practical application of statistics to real-world problems at the firm Customer Relationship Metrics.
About the Publisher
The Customer Service Group provides ready-to-use tools for customer service training and frontline motivation including a monthly newsletter, training guides, DVDs, and Customer Service Week celebration materials.