Motivating Customer Service Employees
x 11", softcover,
If you want to improve service quality and productivity in your department, the single most effective thing you can do is improve employee morale and motivation.
Fortunately there are many ways to do this — from the familiar recognition and reward programs to motivating with good management, teams, training, and more. And the really good news is that most of these programs dont cost a lot of money.
Motivating Customer Service Employees provides details on the full range of approaches you can use to improve frontline motivation.
Each chapter provides background and guidance along with a unique Proven Strategies section. Here, youll learn exactly how these motivational approaches have been put into action in a wide range of companies.
Youll learn how other managers:
- Hire the right people — after all, you can never motivate the wrong people.
- Create powerful recognition and incentive programs, that fully engage and motivate reps.
- Make the frontline job more interesting, challenging, and rewarding through empowerment, teams, good management, training, and more.
Whether youre looking for fun and inspirational programs you can put into action today, or longer-range programs, youll find them all in this realistic and practical guide.
Table of Contents
- Hiring the right people
- Screen for the right personality
- Proven interview techniques
- Sample document: Customer service rep evaluation form
- Providing opportunities for growth
- Reps need to feel involved
- Proven involvement techniques
- Develop a clear career path
- Proven strategies for career pathing
- Sample document: Career path requirements
- Motivating by empowering
- Understanding the empowerment continuum
- Establishing an empowered workforce
- Introducing empowerment one step at a time
- Proven strategies for empowering reps
- Sample document: Empowerment readiness checklist for managers and supervisors
- Sample document: Empowerment readiness checklist for frontline reps
- Motivating with money and incentives
- Designing your incentive program: 12 keys to success
- Proven incentive programs
- Sample document: Customer service incentive program guidelines
- Motivating through recognition
- Using recognition effectively
- Keys to an effective recognition program
- Proven recognition programs
- Sample document: Letter announcing an employee recognition program
- Motivating with good management
- How coaching works
- Four strategies for effective coaching
- Building relationships with your reps
- Proven leadership strategies
- Motivating through training
- Training versus certification
- Proven training techniques
- Using teams in customer service
- Ten ways to get your team working productively fast
- Proven team approaches
- How teams work and why they improve motivation
- Making it fun to work in customer service
- Understanding the power of fun
- Fifteen proven ways to have fun at work
- Motivating by keeping reps well
- Avoiding repetitive strain injuries
- Proven strategies for preventing work-related injuries
- Managing stress
- Proven strategies for coping with work-related stress
- Sample document: Healthy workstation checklist
- Motivating with flexible work schedules
- Understanding the range of options
- Proven approaches to flextime, telecommuting, and part-time work
- Sample document: Telecommuting planning checklist
Your Guarantee of Satisfaction
Motivating Customer Service Employees is guaranteed. We want you to use this valuable resource and put its ideas to work in your department. Then, if you are not 100% satisfied, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund.
About the Publisher
Motivating Customer Service Employees is published by the Customer Service Group.
The Customer Service Group provides management and training materials through its newsletters, The Customer Communicator and Customer Service Newsletter, books, and Customer Service Week support materials.